QUICK SIDE-LACED SWEATSHIRT REFASHION

April 19, 2017


Happppppy Fridaayyyyy!!!

Man, what is it about Friday that is just so dang special? I always find myself waking up with a smile and just a different energy on Friday. I wait anxiously for Dal to get home from work so that we can do something carefree and adventurous (or just lounge, eat, and Netflix... that's great sometimes, too!) I just love the possibilities of Friday + the weekend ahead. It's a gooooood day.

Today, I'm in California visiting my parents and tomorrow, Dal and i are going to Disneyland. I am so. excited. It probably
sounds silly, but all growing up, I had this silly girl fantasy of one day going to Disneyland with a boy I loved-- and tomorrow, it's happening. I'm all sorts of giddy. :) Magic.

Anyway! If you don't have plans for tonight, or need a late night project... this one is perfect! It's really simple and quick and I loove all the lace-up trends right now. This is probably my last sweater of the season. Perfect for the last lingering chilly + rainy days.

Read below for the full tutorial:

_______________________________________________________________________________
What you'll need:

A sweater or sweatshirt
Extra Large Grommet kits (I had to purchase extra grommets to have the number I needed)
A Pair of shoelaces or some ribbon of choice

Kay. Let's get started!


Step 1. Cut up the side seam of both sides of your sweater, about 6-8 inches, depending on your preference.



Step 2. Fold in those new raw edges about 1/4 inch and iron.
Step 3. Sew down those folded edges.



Step 4. Map out where you want to add eyelets. Mark with pins.



Step 5. Cut small "x" for eyelets.



Step 6. Add eyelets. they come with the equipment you need (plus you'll need a hammer) and they're pretty simple to use. Packaging will have specific instructions.
Step 5. Lace up & you're done!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Kali Nicole. Design by Fearne.