Frayed Denim Shift Dress Refashion

July 14, 2017


Hey there beautiful people!

I've been down with the flu for much of this week + my husband has been out of town on a camping trip so I've been a one-woman show!! And it is not easy. To take care of baby + the house + sew, film, edit, and upload + try to take care of myself... I'm pooped! haha. Happy to say I'm feeling on the mend today and hoping to be back to 100% for the weekend. I'll admit... I probably do myself a disservice when I'm sick because I refuse to really bunker down
and just let my body do its thing. I hate hate hate hate hate being sick and missing out on... anything, really (FOMO, anyone?) so I'm constantly trying to convince myself that I feel "fine" enough to do the normal stuff. I remember being sick as a kid and being "quarantined" upstairs in my room... and crying in bed because I could hear my family downstairs eating dinner together, watching movies, and hangout out. And it killed me to not be a part of it. haha. (I've always been a bit of a dramaqueen... ask my mom)

Anyway. The second I start feeling any bit of improvement, I'm like "Let's go! Let's get moving!" And then I crash, again. It's silly, really. But I'm just that person who doesn't like to sit still for too long... I want to go, do, and get stuff done.

This week was no different... but I did force myself to take a nap each day while baby was napping to try and give my body a break. :)

____________

I was going a bit stir crazy on Wednesday and needed a project. I didn't feel like tackling anything too crazy intense or complicated, though, so I riffled through my refashioning pile and pulled out this denim dress. I feel like this exact denim dress hangs on a rack at basically every thrift store in the country. Soooo, if you like this refashion and want to try it yourself -- I'm sure this dress is just waiting for your $4 purchase at your nearest thrift. ;)

I love denim. A lot. Not 2001 Britney Spears + JT level.. but, a lot. And I've been seeing tons of cute little summery denim dresses this season. So I decided to go with a simple shift dress silhouette for my refashion, add some cute pockets, keep a high neck, and add a frayed hem for detail. And I love how it turned out. Shift dresses are so EASY, comfy, flattering, and versatile.

Watch the transformation below!! xx








2 comments

  1. I love your creativity! You are an inspiration! I have a question... when you put the fabric under the front neckline to create the interfacing do you do the same for the back of the neckline? Thank you! I look forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyway. The second I start feeling any bit of improvement, I'm like "Let's go! Let's get moving!" And then I crash, again. It's silly, really. But I'm just that person who doesn't like to sit still for too long... I want to go, do, and get stuff done.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Kali Nicole. Design by Fearne.