SHARING OUR SECRET

July 6, 2016

Monday, June 27, 2016

I'm writing this post a little delayed... but last week, we told our parents the good news. And each experience was sweet & special & magical to be able to share this precious little secret with a few of our favorite people.

We told my parents after going to dinner with them and on our way to see "Finding Dory" at Thanksgiving Point. I was so nervous (why!?) and my heart kept pounding out of my chest. I had asked my sister-in-law, Krista, to help with the surprise. So as we started walking to the theatre, I asked the group if we could take a picture together first. Of course, my parents immediately volunteered to be the ones to take the picture, but Krista adamantly insisted she would be glad to take the picture. My parents of course then started looking around for a kind stranger to take the picture for all of us, but thankfully, there was no one around. We crowded together and put on smiles for the picture. Krista was secretly taking a video rather than a picture and said, "Okay, everyone ready? Say, 'Kali's pregnant!'" It's funny to watch the video back now, because it only took a few seconds, but at the time felt like an eternity before my parents finally got it. My dad chuckled and my mom jokingly said, "Kali's pregnant." Then they both looked down the row to Dal and I with raised eyebrows and a quizzical look. I was already in tears and nodded my head. My mom immediately wrapped me in a giant hug and we both cried together. It was another moment to add to my list of favorites. <3 The rest of the evening I hurriedly updated them on everything I'd been feeling and experiencing.



We told Dal's Dad and Step-Mom one evening after accompanying them to the Outlet Mall and awkwardly trying to act normal throughout the excursion. On the way home, Dal admitted that we had come to talk to them about something. We excitedly broke the news and all cheered together.

We told Dal's Mom and Step-Dad one morning after we repeatedly texted them that we missed them and should FaceTime (we lost our subtle approach on this one, but we were too anxious, okay!?) The FaceTime call started and we tried to act normal for the first 30 seconds, but Dal's mom quickly interrupted - "Are you guys gonna tell us you're pregnant or what?!" We laughed and smiled and shared in the joy together. And Dal's mom of course began planning when to send various boxes of clothes and shoes and other baby items our way.

Dal and I chatted earlier and both agreed that a baby is such a sweet, wonderful, beautiful miracle. Everyone who hears the news is instantly given a share of the joy. Isn't that just cool?

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Kali Nicole. Design by Fearne.