PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE COOKIES

November 4, 2016

Friday, November 4, 2016



This week involved way too much adulting. Way, way too much. Add in there a mess of hormones and it was an interrresting week. Every night was busy with family events, church callings, work, chores, and my incessant (and early?) need to organize, clean, rearrange, and "nest."

Then Dal had to fly out midday Wednesday to Arizona for a work emergency. That evening I found myself watching birth story videos and bawling my eyes out. Later that night, I couldn't get ahold of Dal & my mind automatically jumped to the worst- imagining him kidnapped or dead on the side of the road. I kind of had a breakdown...crying and thinking I cannot raise this baby on my own! Luckily, his phone was just in his backpack. Phew.

Then, our fridge broke. And half of our fridge contents went bad (said fridge contents were purchased just days ago, so, that was depressing). Luckily, our landlord delivered a new fridge today. And it's great. But it also is deeper and completely blocks 2 of my most-used cupboards in our little kitchen. haha.

Then my OB told me I was measuring 1-2 cm bigger than I'm supposed to and I hate that someone is weighing and measuring me every few weeks - haha. (cookies probably won't help that, huh?) And thennnnn the insurance lady I talked to on the phone this morning freaked me out - telling me the hospital I'm scheduled to deliver in, and my OB, are not covered on our insurance plan. (She was wrong, thankfully).

Long story short, I've been next to tears all week. Partially because of actual stress and mostly because I'm 6 months pregnant.

Thankfully,  I've got a cute baby bump that wiggles and twitches and moves all day long. We have a crib in our nursery, and I get happy everytime I walk into that room and imagine a baby sleeping in it in just a few short months. It's November & that means its time to start thinking Thanksgiving & Christmas. And my sweet Dal is still my best friend, still alive, and still my partner through it all.

AND I made cookies..... Which is what this post is actually supposed to be about, huh?

So, yes! These cookies are delish. I love how "Autumn" they feel and their uniqueness. Love these because anything with cream cheese is great + they're not overwhelmingly  pumpkin - just a hint. And they're pretty simple and easy, too!


PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE COOKIES

  • 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie) 
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • a dash of allspice
  • a dash of nutmeg
Directions: 
Preheat oven to 350 and line 2 sheet trays with parchment paper. 
In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese, butter, and pumpkin until completely smooth. Add in the sugar and vanilla and stir until combined. Add the flour, 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, dash of allspice, dash of nutmeg. Mix. Scoop into balls (this is a very soft, sticky dough) and roll in the remaining graham cracker crumbs + some cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg. Place on the tray and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, slightly press down tops of cookies with a fork so they are almost flat. Bake for 3 more minutes. Repeat with remaining dough. 

**BEST SERVED COLD**



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Kali Nicole. Design by Fearne.